Author: Brian Thornton
Avoya Travel (www.AvoyaTravel.com) is a premier national online travel agency and
the holder of many prestigious awards, including "Travel Agency of the Year" with
several top cruise and tour suppliers. Our business model, plus design,
marketing, programming, leads management and analysis are at the core of our
success. We're looking for good people to help continue the growth and success.
Do you have what it takes?
We're looking for a creative/technical person to design, build and optimize our
websites. Our goal is to boost conversions, optimize website performance and
create an engaging user experience. We're looking for someone to bring new ideas
and strategies to the team and have a good balance of design and front end
programming skills. ColdFusion experience is desirable, but not required. (If
you're more of a developer than a designer, we'd like to hear from you too,
especially with ColdFusion experience.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great design skills and a solid grasp of website behaviors with a keen
understanding of how to enhance the user experience
as jQuery, Ajax and JSON
- An advanced knowledge of Dreamweaver/Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Google
- A familiarity of programming languages such as ColdFusion and PHP.
- The ability to create solutions that make websites perform better. We're all
about the analytics!
- The desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies and techniques to
provide cutting edge solutions.
- Proactive work ethic; good people skills; positive attitude
- Ability to work alone or as a team and meet deadlines
The perfect candidate brings:
- Great design. Effective and aesthetically pleasing designs that make website
- Great programming. Cutting edge front end programming, tricks and techniques.
- Great solutions. Programming and design are great but they ultimately need to
be utilized to create great solutions. Great solutions are what we're looking
How to apply:
- Apply only if you're a match for this position
- Email resume to Careers@AvoyaTravel.com
- Subject line must be "Web Designer #CLAM2012Feb" (If it's not exactly this, we
won't see it)
- Include salary history and/or expectations
- Provide samples of your work; include your role in the projects
- Be prepared to provide programming code samples
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with skills/experience
- Traditional benefits - 401(k) with matching, health, dental, HSA, FSA, etc
- Travel benefits - Discounts, reimbursements, extra vacation time and more!
RevAgency is an equal opportunity employer. The company prefers candidates
already located in the San Diego or Southern California area to minimize
transition time. The company will not pay moving expenses for any candidate.
Location: Vista, CA
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial