Author: Davis, Lisa
Join STERIS in its vision to see the world free from
Infection and Contamination as a
Senior Web Developer
Senior level Web Developer with 10-15 years of web development experience. This
position reports directly to the Director of eBusiness within the Healthcare
organization, but will also be part of the extended Information Technology team.
The position will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing
leading edge web-based solutions that will meet the needs of our customers. The
position will be responsible for driving innovation and new ideas that improve
the user experience on STERIS's web site.
Essential Job Functions
As the Senior Web Developer, the essential job functions include designing,
documenting, building, and implementing e-Business applications in the following
* Designs, codes, and tests for the corporate web sites, intranet (Microsoft
SharePoint) internet applications (ColdFusion) and portal based web pages for
intra-company clients as well as in-house communications vehicles.
* Effective coordination and collaboration of projects and tasks across the
e-business and I.T. organization.
* Partners with website development team to maintain and improve current web
content and functionality. Works closely with web producer to fulfill project
* Self-motivated problem solver who can work independently while also
communicating effectively as part of a collaborative team environment.
* Works in collaboration and cooperation with I.T. resources.
* Project management experience converting business requirements into successful
applications with little guidance.
* Able to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with focus on details.
* Monitor web services ensuring consistent service reliability and timely problem
* Interface with key customers from all functional areas. Analytic skills are
* Responsible for creation and maintenance of reporting solutions.
* Responsible for meeting/exceeding Customer Service Level Agreements.
* Responsible for ongoing support of the e-Business applications.
Position requires sitting for extended periods of time. Extensive use of
telephone, computer, and other office equipment. Air and auto travel may be
* Requires a four-year degree in Computer Science or Management Information
Systems or 5+ years of I/T experience.
* High school diploma required.
* Senior Level Web Developer with a minimum of 10-15 years of development
* Strong background in Internet Technologies, Enterprise Resource Planning
Systems (ERP - preferably Oracle) to be a part of our eBusiness team.
* Minimum 5 years of experience developing web applications.
* Required: Experience in the design, implementation and tuning of applications
* Required: Solid work experience in using SQL Server, including the ability to
design all queries and data structures needed for app development
* Preferred: CFML, XSLT, Java, JSP, JDBC, web servers (IIS 5.0/6.0).
* Required: eCommerce site development and integration.
* Experience implementing Google Analytics
* Experience with ERP systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, and JD Edwards) is a
* A positive and professional attitude.
* Excellent communication skills: presentation, written, and oral.
* Team player with a focus towards customer service and interest in working in a
collaborative team environment.
* Ability to self-motivate and work in a dynamic environment. Must be able to
work with and manage through ambiguity. Priorities can change rapidly and
deadlines can be aggressive at times.
* Ability to work with business/department owners in translating their needs into
* Comfort in working in teams with varying levels of web/e-business knowledge
* Is seen as a subject matter expert in development, able to train and mentor
STERIS is a $1B+, publicly traded (NYSE) organization of over 5000 employees and
is dedicated to providing innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and
health science technologies, products and services. STERIS Corporation is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
STERIS Corporation complies with all obligations with respect to online
application systems under guidelines provided by the US Department of Labor's
Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. If you are a disabled person who
requires reasonable accommodation to complete an online application, please
contact the STERIS Human Resources Department by phone at 440-392-7047 or
800-548-4873, extension 27047 for assistance.
TO APPLY: http://www.steris.com/about/careers/jobs.cfm
Senior Human Resource Generalist