Author: Dolores Morelli
OHSU has an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT professional to serve as
the IT Manager for the School of Medicine. The primary purpose of the position
is to provide technology vision, strategic direction and leadership for
developing and implementing information technology initiatives that support the
long term objectives, mission and vision of the School of Medicine (SoM), Office
of the Dean. This position works closely with the SoM Associate and Assistant
Deans, staff and other business and IT professionals to develop and implement IT
strategies to meet immediate and long-term business objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of 5 years management experience in the technology field.
• 3-5 years of experience with web based technologies such as ColdFusion, PHP or
Ruby on Rails.
• 3-5 years of experience working with relational databases such as MSSQL, MySQL
• Ability to manage project schedules and to document/manage and resolve project
• Experience with managing both internally developed and 3rd party
applications/systems through the entire lifecycle.
• Experience managing work of others, including internal, external, and
• Ability to communicate effectively to all audiences across the company,
including senior management. This also includes the ability to clearly
communicate with both business and technical audiences.
Preferred qualifications include a Master’s degree; experience or familiarity
with Agile software development; experience with managing SharePoint; experience
managing both operational and functional applications; experience with financial
applications such as Cognos Enterprise 8/10, Cognos TM1.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.ohsujobs.com, reference IRC36183 in the keyword
OHSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action