Author: Greg Meadows
Today is Tuesday, May 15 these openings are needed immediately and candidates
must apply in the next 24 hrs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Cloud has (2) openings for an experienced, ColdFusion developer to support
the Federal Aviation Administrations transition to NextGen using GPS. This is a
very high profile assignment with our client to transform the National Airspace
System (NAS). This project team is responsible for the Enterprise Architecture
for all FAA systems in the NAS and reports to senior executive staff.
As a reminder, before an interview can be set up, we would like to confirm that
the candidates understand and possess the specific skills listed. Should a
candidate be asked to come in and meet with the Project Manager in person, they
will be asked to demonstrate these skills. Below is a brief description of the
specific skills needed for each position. Only those candidates who meet the
requirements below will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must meet ALL of the requirements below:
This task provides system engineering, architecture, and management support to
Operations Planning System Engineering and Safety Office in developing,
and promoting the FAA's National Airspace System (NAS) Enterprise Architecture.
ensures that the NAS Enterprise Architecture complies with OMB requirements.. The
contractor must provide support to ensure the effective development and
of NAS Enterprise Architecture EA information throughout the agency.
Description of Work:
The contractor must support development and maintenance of the NAS EA Framework
and associated policy and supporting products as required, fostering agency
with the Federal Enterprise Architecture and alignment with Government
Office (GAO) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) best practices as related
The contractor must:
1. Draft support NAS EA Framework;
2. Propose changes to the NAS EA Configuration Management Plan as necessary
to improve NAS EA configuration management;
3. Propose changes to the NAS EA Program Management Plan as necessary to
ensure alignment with the agency's vision and work plans for NAS EA;
4. Propose NAS EA metrics as necessary to measure and monitor the
effectiveness of NAS EA;
5. Provide technical support for audits performed by organizations
following GAO/OMB assessment frameworks;
6. Support System Engineering process improvement activities, as directed.
7. Provide subject matter expertise in the NAS domain areas, such as
automation, communication, navigation, surveillance, air traffic management and
operations, and weather to facilitate collection, coordination, and integration
of NAS program and architecture information.
The products and services delivered in this task order support NextGen and
Non-NextGen architectural products.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Computer Programmer, Level 5:
· Hands on development throughout the entire SDLC, supporting the
development of enterprise Web enabled IT applications, using various technologies
to support client mission and goals.
· Develop code based upon requirements, project constraints, and optimal
use of technology and available resources with minimal supervision. Must be able
to estimate development duration based on logical task break down.
· Provide leadership, direction, and best practices in the full lifecycle
of systems development to include analysis, design, development, testing, and
· Act as a role model of the firm's core values, and maintain and expand
client relationships through the delivery of high quality work.
The candidate needs to have the following technical background:
Basic Requirements for the Computer Programmer, Level 5:
· Requires a senior ColdFusion Web Applications Developer and will
require hands on Web application development
· Possession of excellent oral, written, and listening communication
· 10-15 years of web applications development experience, at least 6
years as a developer utilizing ColdFusion MX 7,8, or 9. Must
· demonstrate solid understanding of the ColdFusion framework.
Additionally, at least 4 years as a lead developer in charge of architecting
complex technical solutions.
· Experience and proficiency using ColdFusion components required.
· Familiarity with the ColdBox framework strongly preferred, but must
have experience working with an MVC design pattern.
· 10-15 years IT systems development and Bachelor’s Degree in Computer
Science or related field, or 16-21 years IT systems development.
· Demonstrated proficiency with at least 1 Software Development Life
· 6+ years development experience with one or more of the following
database technologies, languages, and functions: (must have at least three years
of Oracle experience within last 7 years),: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Other
RDBMS, PL/SQL or T-SQL), Stored Procedures, Stored Functions, Triggers
· Proficiency utilizing IDEs for application development (Dreamweaver,
Eclipse, Netbeans, TOAD, VisualStudio.Net, etc.)
· Ability to communicate with teammates and clients, encourage acceptance
of ideas, and articulate basic and advanced technical concepts in both written
and verbal formats.
Additional Qualifications for the Computer Programmer, Level 5:
· ColdFusion or Java programming certification
· Experience with Java EE and Java SE, Spring and Hibernate
· Experience with Web Services
· Experience with XML
· Graphic design experience using industry standard tools such as Adobe
· Knowledge of FAA (eg ATOP, ATOR, ATOE, ATOT, ATOF, AVS)
· Ability to work within, and adapt quickly in either a team environment
or individually to meet deliverables req/schedules
These positions are currently available and candidates will be able to start
immediately following FAA approval.