Author: Jonathan Singer
JOB DESCRIPTION –
• The individual will be working on their intranet and extranet which is all
written in ColdFusion.
• One of the large projects that this individual will be supporting is the
This went live about a year and a half ago and is used for scheduling
appointments for patient, obtaining lab results and is secure through each
doctor’s office within the company.
• Looking for someone to hit the ground running that will not require much hand
• This individual should be well versed in software development and have an
excellent understanding of the SDLC.
• Candidate will be supporting any number of projects within ColdFusion - v.9
• Ability to be flexible
• The group will be moving to Java development in the next 3 to 5 years, so
someone who is interested in learning Java
1) 5-8 years of experience with ColdFusion (v.8 or above)
a. Strong development experience with Coldfusion in an enterprise environment
b. In depth knowledge of Web page design, development & implementation utilizing
c. Extensive experience using Web authoring tools.
2) Expert level understanding of the SDLC
a. Knowledge of acceptable user authentication methodologies
3) Ability and experience with building web applications in an established
enterprise level framework
a. Experience with Web desktop integration standards & strategies
b. Experience with developing and maintaining database-driven Web applications
4) Experience with multiple web development tools (i.e. Visual Basic, Java, and
5) Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS, ASP, SQL, SQL Server, and graphic design
PREFERRED/DESIRED SKILLS (secondary/nice to have)
1. Experience using and troubleshooting a Content Management System. (Client uses
2. Understanding of SOA
3. 1-2 yrs experience in deploying remote access methodologies
4. 1-2 yrs experience in Web desktop integration
5. Windows 2000/2003 Server administration