FROM http://www.CFDeveloper.com - This opportunity has been
screened by CFDeveloper.com.
Please see http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tch/3197296880.html for this
complete job posting.
****Please apply online at www.columbiahospitality.com****
Located on the waterfront in Seattle, Washington, Bell Harbor International
Conference Center offers 100,000 square feet of conference, meeting and special
event space featuring 180-degree panoramic views of the Olympic Mountains, Mt.
Rainier, Puget Sounds Elliott Bay and the Seattle skyline.
Columbia Hospitality is currently seeking an IT Specialist for Bell Harbor
International Conference Center. This position will be responsible for technology
systems and related resources including, network infrastructure, and computer
hardware and software. Also ensures security of systems and data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Resolves/repairs computer hardware/software problems. Consults with software
and hardware vendors and other contact to solve problems.
2) Interfaces with employees, providing guidance and technical support in
technology related issues.
3) Maintains current knowledge of technology, evaluates new and existing software
4) Maintains regular maintenance on servers (updates, checking backups, checking
5) Responsible for setting up work stations and new user accounts on the domain.
6) Performs hardware upgrades to work stations.
7) Assists with updates to company intranet.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1) Four year college or university program certificate; or two to four years
related experience with windows based servers; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
2) Experience with network infrastructure required
3) Knowledgeable in Windows Active Directory, Windows Sever 2003 & 2008, Windows
7 & XP, Office 2003 -- 2010
4) Experience in the following programs strongly preferred: Symantec Backup Exec,
Cold Fusion, Adobe Photo Shop
5) The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to analyze,
and interpret the most complex documents, technical journals, financial reports,
and legal documents.
6) Must possess excellent business communication skills (both written and verbal)
in order to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints;
and to make effective presentations to top management, employees, public groups
and/or boards of directors. The ability to handle issues with integrity and
7) College level reasoning ability is required to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and interpret technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form; and deal with several abstract and concrete
8) Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful
This is a Part-Time Non-Exempt (Hourly) position. Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-12pm
$18 - $20/hour, DOE